Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Blogging World

A few years ago I read "Standing in the Rainbow" by Fannie Flagg in my book club. It was an excellent book made you laugh and was so enjoyable. This book is set in 1946 in a small town in Missouri. It has all the great aspects of a small town and the people who live there. The characters are wonderful and you feel like you are there with them. One of the main character Dorothy has a radio show, called the Neighbor Dorothy show, which is broadcast from her home. This was a very common thing at that time period. She would have guests on and would promote products and sponsors that she felt worthy of her listeners. She was a great comfort to women who where isolated on farms and what not.

So lately it keeps coming to me that all these wonderful blogs that I visit are a little like that radio show. Through these blogs women all over the world are connecting and sharing. Some have products and sponsors that they love and can’t wait to share. We are getting a view into homes and craft rooms from all over the place. I may never met the people who have created these blogs, but I can get a glimpse and enjoy what they have to offer.

Thank you to all the bloggers who give of their time and talents. I feel blessed by your giving everyday. I feel it is much like those women felt back in the forties listening to radio broadcasts done by women just like them.

1 comment: