Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 19th

"Christmas in the Country " by Cynthia Rylant and Diane Goode.  This book is about a girl who lives in the country with her Grandparents.  She starts by telling about their simple life and how each season brings something to there life.  Summer is for eating fresh tomatoes, fall is for canning apples, and spring is for long walks.  But winter is for Christmas.  It is a beautiful book that shows the specialness of Christmas in the snow covered countryside.

I grew up in a small country towns and I think that Christmas is a truly special time.  Now I live in a big city and a desert on top of that.  But I still find that even without the snow we wait for Christmas here much like the country Christmas in the book.  Well we don't cut our own tree but I do have fond memories of doing that as a child.

So no matter if your are in the country or city I think Christmas is a special and magical time.

No comments:

Post a Comment