Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Best Playdough Recipe Ever



I use this recipe for preschool and love it.  I have been using it for years.  I love that it lasts along time.  I save my old playdough containers to store my homemade playdough in.  I have also used icing containers and that works pretty good too.



The Best Playdough Recipe Ever

1 cup water


1 tablespoon veg oil

1/2 cup salt

1 tablespoon cream of tartar

food coloring

Saucepan

1 cup flour



Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tarter and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm. Remove from heat and add flour. Stir, then knead until smooth. Keep in mind that the cream of tarter makes this dough long-lasting --- up to six months or longer --- so resist the temptation to leave it out if you don't have it on hand. This dough should be stored in a airtight container or Ziploc bag. Do not refrigerate

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this because it will keep my kids happy for hours!

    ReplyDelete