Saturday, October 16, 2010

Batman to the Rescue

My little boy turned four recently and all he has talked about for the past year was having a batman birthday party.  So we did it and I wanted to just share with all of you a few things I did for it.  I was on a major budget for this party and I think I was able to really keep the costs low.
First off I made each of the kids Batman shirts.  I love the dollar Store because they had these shirts.  And then I just added the batman symbol.  I used a template for it from here.
100_0230
Isn’t he cute.  My daughter made me do pink shirts for her and her girl cousin. 
I also wanted to make masks so I made my own template and then just cut them out of black construction paper.  I then hot glued so thin elastic to them.
100_0247
I had originally planned on making capes for the kids but that was not in my budget so instead I used black garbage bags that I also got from the dollar store.  The kids loved it and most of them wore them the whole time.
100_0226
On to the bat cave.  My son really wanted a bat cave.  I was originally going to use a canopy like you use when camping and then put tarps on the sides and have things hanging down.  Then this morning as I was looking at how long that would take I opted for an easier route.  I used our pop-up sun canopy and just added streamers and bats hanging down it was a big hit and super easy.
100_0215
For the cake I just did a chocolate cake with yellow frosting.  I then cut out a bat in wax paper.  I used this wax paper cut out as a guide in.  Filling it in with chocolate sprinkles.  I think it turned out cute and it was simple and easy.
100_0212
For the goody bags I made super hero coloring books.  You can find the instructions here.  I didn’t have book binding tape so I used black masking tape.  I think they turned out really great.
100_0206
100_0207
We had a really great time and I think all of the kids will remember how much fun they had.  What I liked most is that I tried to keep in somewhat Simple and Cheap Cost effective :)

1 comment: