Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School Skirt

My Oldest daughter started kindergarten last week.  I have been wanting to make her some skirts for school.  I love the Oliver + S lazy days skirt pattern.  I make them all the time.  I also found a great pattern in the book Making Children's Clothes: 25 Stylish Step-by-step Sewing Projects for 0-5 Years.  So for this project I kind of combined the two.  In the book the skirt was made of corduroy and a matching material.  So I did corduroy and this fun material my mom gave me when she was cleaning out her sewing room. 

Don't the apples just scream fall and back to school.  I love it and I got it at Joann's.  The pattern in the book has a really cute pocket which I just had to add to this skirt.
Because my bottom material has the fuzzes on it I did the ribbon hem like the Oliver + S Pattern.  I also did my waist from that pattern I found the waist in the book to be more steps and I am all about easy!
She looked so great on her first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment